Why Serena Shades?
Serena® makes remote controlled motorized roller and honeycomb shades an accessible do-it-yourself solution for your home. Our battery-powered shades are a high-tech automated solution for your windows that offer the ultimate in convenience and can save you energy. Designing and ordering shades online for your home is easy with our state-of-the-art online design tool (available 24/7) or by contacting our Shade Specialists 7 days a week at 855-573-7362. Choose Serena® Shades for affordable luxury and cutting edge technology for the windows in your home!
Serena® and Technology for Your Home
- Ultra-quiet Serena® shades offer the ultimate in convenience with cutting edge technology because they can be operated using remote controls in a room or by using a smart device and the Lutron app anywhere in the world.
- Serena® cordless motorized shades are battery-powered which means low maintenance, reliability, wire-free design and easy installation.
- Complete light control is possible using a combination of Serena® Shades to manage daylight and Lutron's Caséta™ Wireless line of dimming products to manage electric light.
- The advanced technology of automated Serena® shades, Caséta™ lighting controls, and the Lutron Smart Bridge provides a simple DIY luxury solution at an affordable price!
- Lutron's proprietary radio frequency (RF) technology means flawless operation without line-of-sight communication. Draperies or other coverings won't block the signal and cell phones or other wireless devices won't interfere.
- Lutron technology ensures shades move at the same speed for a clean unified look inside and outside your home.
- Our patented power technology yields a long 3-5 year battery life* with store-bought batteries. Batteries will last 3-5 years on a 3' x 5' light-filtering shade, assuming the shade moves up and down twice a day, 365 days a year. SEE BATTERY CHARTS
- Easy maintenance: Serena®'s exclusive headrail and bracket design makes for easy and quick battery changes; no need to remove the shade! SEE MORE
Fabrics and Styles
- Serena® roller and honeycomb style shades are available in over 150 fabric choices to fit your tastes and match your application needs.
- Serena® fabrics are offered in opacities from sheer to room darkening, in many colors and decorative textures with some fire-rated materials, adding a signature look to any space. *Browse fabrics and colors >
Energy Savings with Serena® Insulating Honeycomb Shades
- Lowering Serena® Insulating Honeycomb Shades in the summer prevents the sun’s harsh rays from heating up a room (causing A/C to work overtime) and raising them in the winter captures heat from the same rays.
- The measure of thermal resistance (R Value) varies depending on the style of Serena® honeycomb shades chosen SEE CHART. The greater the R value, the more effective the product. A typical double-pane window has an R value of 2.0.
Control Shades and Lights with Smart Devices
Controlling Shades and Lights
- Caséta™ Wireless Lighting Controls offer convenient control of your lights. We offer a variety of lighting controls, dimmers and kits for wireless control of lamps and lights that pair perfectly with Serena® Shades using a similar design aesthetic.
- Check out the Caséta™ Wireless brochure or watch the video to learn how this simple system of wireless controls can further automate and enhance your home.
- For more information about Caséta™ Wireless, visit www.Casétawireless.com
Smart Device Control with Lutron’s Smart Bridge and App
The Smart Bridge connects to your home's wireless router to allow operation of Serena® shades and Caséta™ lighting controls from iOS and Android devices using the Lutron App. The Smart Bridge is available under Controls & Accessories. When the Smart Bridge is connected to a wireless router you can:
- Control shades and lights from wherever you are - office, airport, beach, or home.
- Add scenes to control multiple lights and shades together - Create a "Movie" scene to dim lights off and closes shades for the perfect home theater setting.
- Schedule lights and shades to adjust automatically at any time of day.
- Adjust lights and shades from select security systems through integration.